Seeking a Team Leader and casual paediatric OT/s who are people people and who “get” kids and families.
Kids Matters OT, Brisbane’s largest and most dynamic Occupational Therapy clinic, is seeking a team leader for our Aspley clinic (who also works as a clinician) and 1-2 casual OTs to work across our Yeerongpilly and/ or Greenslopes clinics. We need people who “get” kids and families and how to treat them using a combination of developmental and top-down approaches so as to make a meaningful and functional change, not only for the kids, but for their parents and siblings too.
Our core values are:
- We are honest & have integrity in our actions & communication.
- We care for our team.
- We are positive, open & proactive.
- We care for our facilities, resources & environment.
- We care for our clients as number one.
- We work hard for our clients and company.
If you feel that you are a fit for these values then read on…
Job 1: Clinical Occupational therapist – Yeerongpilly/ Greenslopes
- Are you looking for a new challenge and do you love helping people?
- Do you want family friendly conditions and a supportive team where you can grow and learn?
- Do you thrive in a positive environment, where your skills and attitude are recognized?
The working hours can be flexible but a half-day on Saturday will be required. The position can be filled by one or two therapists according to availability and skill-set. Hours can range between 15 and 38 hours per week according to demand and therapist availability.
Job 2: Clinical Occupational therapist and team leader – Aspley
Team leader/ Clinician (Aspley):
- Are you supportive yet firm and great in bringing out the best in people?
- Are you relationship-focused, able to lead, able to follow and loyal to both employer and team.
- Do you thrive on leading and building a positive culture
- Do you enjoy team building?
- Do you thrive on networking and meeting new people,
- Do you see every challenge as an opportunity for growth?
- Do you have sensory processing and DIR/ Floortime knowledge and experience?
We are seeking a team leader for our Aspley clinic to support and lead our team to continue in their excellent work. We need someone who is dynamic in leadership but also demonstrates excellence in clinical Occupational therapy. We are particularly seeking someone with extensive training and experience in both sensory processing and DIR/ Floortime but who is competent in working with a wide range of kids and families. The working hours can be flexible at 30-38 hours/ week. Saturday work is optional. The position can be permanent or casual.
To apply, you must fit the following character and experience requirements:
- You have enough experience to hit the ground running.
- You are willing to work for a half-day on Saturday (for Job 1 Clinical OT position).
- As the professional point of contact for parents and their children you naturally warmly engage with the family and offer high value, expertise and direction.
- You are confident, fun, creative, a great problem-solver, observer and communicator with families.
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic team, building mutually supportive, respectful and positive relationships with fellow team-mates.
- You enjoy networking with teachers and other professionals in the community.
- You enjoy professional supervision, networking and support with colleagues.
- You are trained and experienced in sensory processing theory and practice/ sensory integration and have some training/ experience in other approaches such as DIR/ Floortime, NDT, Sensory Attachment Intervention.
- You have some knowledge of top down approaches related to Executive Function, COOP and skills training.
- You can efficiently and professionally build and manage your own caseload through expert treatment, networking and liaison with other professionals, follow-up of clients and are willing to be involved in marketing activities as required.
- You are willing and able to follow the best practice guidelines of the clinic to ensure that administration processes related to the therapy run smoothly, including tidying up after self, organizing and returning resources, following all billing procedures and completing required documentation in the expected timelines.
You will be part of a successful team who are high performers, working in a dynamic environment which is positive and active. On the job training & development including professional supervision is provided to make it easy to succeed in this role.
” In short, if you are:
- confident in yourself and your therapy skills,
- open to sharing your knowledge and learning from others,
- a team player,
- able to present yourself in a professional manner,
- a person who communicates easily with others,
- a fast learner,
- willing to work for a half-day on Saturday (Job 1),
- organized, and ready to enjoy the pace and fun of a busy environment,
then we’d love to hear from you…”
If you wish to apply, please answer the following questions and email them with your CV to:
If you wish to apply, please answer the following questions and email these and your CV to email@example.com Briefly describe how you would assess and treat a child with the following conditions (giving examples):
* handwriting issues.
* sensory defensiveness.
* motor coordination difficulties.
* learning difficulties
* low level Autism
* high level Autism
* self-care issues Describe how you have built relationships with your team mates in other jobs and contributed to a positive workplace?  Describe how you have built and maintained a caseload?  What are you looking for in a position?
For Senior Position How would you lead a team through change?  How would you lead people to get the best outcome for them and the company?  How do you handle obstacles and challenges?
See www.kidsmatters.com.au for more information.
For an Immediate Start (pending all required health fund provider applications) – Note process can take up to 6 weeks.