Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Seeking experienced Paediatric OT who “gets” kids and families
- Are you looking for a new challenge and do you love helping people?
- Do you want family friendly conditions and a supportive team where you can grow and learn?
- Do you thrive in a positive environment, where your skills and attitude are recognized?
Then we may have the job for you…
Kids Matters OT has the sole purpose of Empowering Families and Transforming Lives. In this, we aim to provide the most effective Occupational Therapy treatment in partnership with the children, their families and their communities. We were established in 2005 and have been on a continual journey of improvement since then.
We currently have a vacancy for 1 full time or 2 part-time OTs to work at our Yeerongpilly clinic. It is our busy season so we are expecting the caseload to fill fast.
We need a therapist/ s who “gets” kids and families and know how to treat them using a combination of developmental and top-down approaches so as to make a meaningful and functional change, not only for the kids, but for their parents and siblings too.
Approaches we use are based in a combination of sensory processing theory and practice/ sensory integration, DIR/ Floortime, NDT, Sensory Attachment Intervention, Executive Function training, COOP and skills training.
The sort of personality we are looking for is warm, engaging, fun and enthusiastic coupled with a maturity, loyalty, resilience, self-awareness, confidence in oneself and abilities, strong minded yet humble and open to other’s opinions. The person must love working in a team.
Our core values are:
- We care for our clients as number one.
- We are honest & have integrity in our actions & communication.
- We care for our team.
- We are positive, open & proactive.
- We care for our facilities, resources & environment.
- We work hard for our clients and company.
If you feel that you are a fit for these values then read on…
Casual Clinical Occupational therapist – Yeerongpilly
The working hours are flexible. A half-day on Saturday is preferred (but not essential) for a full-time position. The position can be filled by one or two therapists according to availability and skill-set. There is an opportunity for this job to become permanent for the right candidate.
On the job training & development including regular professional supervision is provided to make it easy to succeed in this role.
” In short, if you are:
- confident in yourself and your therapy skills,
- open to sharing your knowledge and learning from others,
- a team player,
- able to present yourself in a professional manner,
- a person who communicates easily with others,
- a fast learner,
- organized, and ready to enjoy the pace and fun of a busy environment,
then we’d love to hear from you…”
If you wish to apply, please answer the following questions and email them with your CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Choose at least 3 of the following conditions and display your clinical reasoning in how you would assess and treat these (giving examples):
* handwriting issues
* sensory defensiveness
* motor coordination difficulties
* learning difficulties
* low level Autism
* high level Autism
* self-care issues What are the most important factors in building a positive workplace? Give examples of how you have done this?  What are you looking for in a position?  How do you handle obstacles and challenges?
See www.kidsmatters.com.au for more information.
Applications Close: Friday 22nd September, 2017
For an Immediate Start (pending all required health fund provider applications)